News and Events
News and Events
Recent News and Events
The K08 – Mentored Clinical Scientist Development Award enables candidates holding professional degrees (e.g., MD, DO, DVM, or equivalent degrees) to undertake 3 to 5 years of special study and supervised research with the goal of becoming independent investigators. The award also allows awardees to pursue research career development programs suited to their experience and capabilities under mentors who are competent to provide guidance ...
In the News
- MSIH Announces Global Health Scholarship
- MSIH Makes a Difference in Today’s World
- British Medical Journal ‘The Lancet’ Publishes Issue Devoted To Israel
- Medical School in Israel? Easier Than You Think!
- Masa Israel Journey Blog
- Dr. Avram Mark Clarfield On Geriatrics In The Negev
- International Med Students Visit Border
- Wheaton College Alumni Spotlight: Ryan Carroll, M.D., M.P.H.
Alumni in Global Health
Katherine (Kate) Horan, M.D., (class of 2012) is in the Ivory Coast on her fourth mission with Doctors Without Borders.
After completing her pediatrics residency at Baystate Medical Center, Dr. Horan fulfilled her lifelong dream and joined Doctors Without Borders as a pediatrician. Over the past two years, she has served as the managing physician in a malaria and malnutrition ward in rural Chad, director of a refugee camp hospital in South Sudan, and technical advisor for a 300-bed pediatric hospital in Mali. Her current mission in the Ivory Coast involves the implementation and advancement of global neonatology protocols.