News and Events
News and Events
Recent News and Events
- A device for locating veins for intravenous insertion in dehydrated patients in Africa
- A system to remotely monitor whether TB patients in Sri Lanka have taken their critical medicine
- A method for automatically recording and collating spine curvature in patients in Ethiopia
- A syringe for self-administration of drugs by patients in remote areas
- Special shoes for sufferers of foot ulcers caused by diabetes in countries where insulin not easily accessible
In the News
- MSIH Announces Global Health Scholarship
- MSIH Makes a Difference in Today’s World
- British Medical Journal ‘The Lancet’ Publishes Issue Devoted To Israel
- Medical School in Israel? Easier Than You Think!
- Masa Israel Journey Blog
- Dr. Avram Mark Clarfield On Geriatrics In The Negev
- International Med Students Visit Border
- Wheaton College Alumni Spotlight: Ryan Carroll, M.D., M.P.H.
Alumni in Global Health
Katherine (Kate) Horan, M.D., (class of 2012) is in the Ivory Coast on her fourth mission with Doctors Without Borders.
After completing her pediatrics residency at Baystate Medical Center, Dr. Horan fulfilled her lifelong dream and joined Doctors Without Borders as a pediatrician. Over the past two years, she has served as the managing physician in a malaria and malnutrition ward in rural Chad, director of a refugee camp hospital in South Sudan, and technical advisor for a 300-bed pediatric hospital in Mali. Her current mission in the Ivory Coast involves the implementation and advancement of global neonatology protocols.