- Chair, Changing Face of Medicine (CFM), Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- Emeritus Professor at Institute of Health and Society, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University
Dr. Hungin is currently the Chair of Changing Face of Medicine (CFM). He has held the position of Professor in the School of Medicine, Pharmacy and Health, at Newcastle University. He was also a Professor of Primary Care and General Practice in the Centre for Integrated Health Care Research, and the Dean of Medicine at Durham University. Dr. Hungin previously served as President of the British Medical Association and Chair, NHS Research and Development Forum in the UK.
- Gastroenterology and associated clinical and psychological factors
Education and Training
- MBBS, M.D., Newcastle University
- Diploma of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists