MSIH is part of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU). Since its founding in 1969, BGU has helped transform this important region in the southern part of Israel. Located on the edge of the stunning Negev desert, with easy access to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, Beer-Sheva has become a major center for research and innovation in the “Startup Nation,” with public-private partnerships leading to new opportunities for BGU and its students. In the last five years alone, IBM, Lockheed Martin, PayPal, Deutsche Telekom and many others have opened research centers on campus.
The university is famous for its students’ commitment to community engagement and service. Over 6,000 BGU students are actively involved in extensive community outreach programs to strengthen underprivileged communities in the region. BGU has modern 21st-century facilities and dynamic campus life, as well as one of the most diverse student bodies in Israel.
- 20,000 students
- 6,600 students pursuing advanced degrees
- 6,000 students involved in outreach to strengthen local underprivileged communities
- 850 senior academic staff members
- 800 international students
- 125,000+ alumni
What Can BGU Offer Me?
- Location in the Negev desert, allowing for access to diverse populations and involvement in the development of Israel’s southern periphery
- A comfortable, modern and safe campus where you can focus on your studies
- An M.D. degree from an institution that is ranked No. 39th in the QS World University Rankings Top 50 Under 50
- A place in Israel’s fastest-growing institution of higher education
- Access to top researchers and practitioners of global health, examining topics ranging from the impact of geopolitics on pollution to personal well-being and access to health services
- Proximity to the Advanced Technologies Park, developed in partnership with the municipality of Beer-Sheva and KUD International LLC to promote research, development and commercialization of cutting-edge technology