MSIH offers a few scholarships for students dedicated to the field of global health — and in 2017, our students were awarded a record number of scholarships for both financial need and merit from both MSIH and outside sources. If you have questions about applying for scholarships, contact us. We are happy to assist you.
The Ben-Gurion Global Health Scholarship
Highly qualified applicants with an excellent academic track record and a demonstrated interest in global health will be considered for the Ben-Gurion Global Health (BGGH) Scholarship. The BGGH Scholarship will cover full tuition for the four years of the MSIH M.D. Program, provided satisfactory academic performance.
Applicants will be evaluated for this merit scholarship by a committee of world leaders in global health and medicine. Decisions will be based on the applicant’s likely success in building a career at the intersection of medicine and global health. Submit a completed admissions application by January 28, 2019 to be considered for the BGGH Scholarship. The winner will be notified by mid March.
To read about this past year’s BGGH Scholarship recipient, please click here
Scholarship Selection Committee
- Dr. Neil Schluger, Professor of Medicine, Epidemiology and Environmental Health Sciences and Chief of the Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Dr. Lynne Quittell, Associate Director of Admissions and Student Affairs at MSIH
- Dr. Mark Clarfield, Director Emeritus of MSIH
- Dr. Babulal Sethia, President of the Royal Society of Medicine and Consultant Congenital Heart Surgeon at Royal Brompton Hospital, United Kingdom
- Dr. Richard Deckelbaum, Robert R. Williams Professor of Nutrition, Professor of Pediatrics, Professor of Epidemiology, Director, Institute of Human Nutrition, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center
- Excellence-Based Scholarships, awarded to first-year students based on academic excellence and a demonstrated commitment to global health and service to communities in need. These scholarships cover a portion of tuition each semester and are valid for up to four years. For an application form, contact our New York admissions office.
- Need-Based Scholarships, for which first-year students may apply by contacting our New York admissions office.
- Skirball Need-Based Scholarships, for which all students may apply through our financial aid office in Israel.
- Fine Family Foundation Scholarships, available to Canadian students. You must submit your application at least two months before studies begin. For more information, contact us.
- Masa Israel Scholarships, awarded to first-year students through a gift of the Government of Israel and The Jewish Agency for Israel. For more information, visit Masa Israel’s website.
- Jewish Vocational Service of Chicago Scholarships, for postgraduate students with financial need. Download the application or contact JVS for more information.
- The International Association of Jewish Free Loans, which offers interest-free loans to graduate students. Some locations require the applicant to be Jewish, while others do not. Applications are accepted through the office nearest your permanent residence.
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Heard of Hearing
- Baptist Medical Dental Fellowship
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara
- The Jewish Foundation of Manitoba
- The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund
- UJA Federation of New York
- Wheaton College