William Goldstein Caryl, Class of 2011
As a student at MSIH, you’ll benefit from:
- A unique medical school curriculum that integrates global health into all four years and prepares you for a meaningful career
- An English-language program designed to place you successfully in residencies in the U.S., Canada or elsewhere
- Medical rotations and clerkships in Israeli medical centers serving patients from a wide range of nationalities, ethnicities, and religious and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Exciting eight-week global health clerkships at sites around the world during the fourth year, with past sites including Ethiopia, India, Kenya, Mexico, Nepal, Peru, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Canada, Israel and the U.S.
- F ourth-year electives and clerkships at highly selective medical centers in the U.S. and Canada, including Columbia University
Success in Global Health
MSIH is the first and only medical school in the world to incorporate global health components into all four years of the core curriculum. Our residency match rates parallel top medical programs in the U.S., with 100% of students matched successfully in 2018.
Global Medicine and Social Justice
As health care providers, we believe that working towards equity in health and increasing access to health care is as much our responsibility as the treatment of disease. Graduates of our program are skilled physicians who understand that the determinants of health are global. We aim to have a real impact as medical practitioners attuned to social justice.