- Professor of Internal Medicine and Immunology, and former Dean of the School of Medicine at the Makerere University College of Health Sciences
Back to Faculty
Dr. Harriet Mayanja-Kizza
Professor Harriet Mayanja-Kizza is currently a Professor of Internal Medicine and Immunology, and former Dean of the School of Medicine at the Makerere University College of Health Sciences in Uganda. She has served on many national and international bodies, including: a WHO advisor in the area of tuberculosis and clinical research towards new TB vaccine research studies, IAVI, Uganda Heart Institute, the Ugandan Medical and Dental Practitioners Council, Hospice Africa (Uganda) Board chair and the Makerere University Council.
Dr. Mayanja-Kizza has been a guest lecturer in Internal Medicine and Immunology at MSIH.
- HIV/tuberculosis co-interaction, immuno-pathogenesis and immune-modulation treatment among patients with HIV and pulmonary tuberculosis
- New anti-tuberculosis treatments
- Improved ways of diagnosis, prevention, management of tuberculosis with and without HIV infection
- HIV/TB immune-pathogenesis
- Immune responses in newly HIV infected adults
- Epidemiology studies in neonates and adolescents in preparation for clinical trials sites in new tuberculosis vaccines in high endemic country sites
Education and Training
- MBBS, Makerere University, Uganda
- MMed, Internal Medicine, Makerere University
- M.S., Immunology and Pathology, Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio