- Associate Professor
Prof. David Stepensky is an Associate Professor at the Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Pharmacology, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev. He is the author of over 50 papers and book chapters, and serves as consultant to the Israeli Ministry of Health, pharmaceutical and start-up companies. He also delivers customized workshops and courses on drug development, pharmaceutics, pharmacology and other topics of his research expertise.
- Optimization and individualization of drug treatment based on biopharmaceutic, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of drugs.
- Delivery systems and their effects on the biopharmaceutical’s pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics (small molecular weight drugs and biopharmaceuticals) .
- Intracellular targeting of biopharmaceuticals using nanotechnologies.
- Pharmacometrics; pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modeling.
- Development of nanovesicle- and nanoparticle-based systems that can efficiently deliver agents to their site of action.
Education and Training
- B.Sc., Pharmaceutical Studies, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- M.Sc., Pharmaceutical Studies, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Ph.D., Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Postdoc Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science
- Postdoc Immunobiology, Yale University