- Director, MSIH
- Director, Lord Rabbi Immanuel Jakobovitz Center for Jewish Medical Ethics
- Professor of Medicine
Dr. Alan Jotkowitz is the Director of the Medical School for International Health at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, and a Senior Physician at Soroka University Medical Center, the primary teaching hospital for MSIH. Prior to immigrating to Israel, he was an Assistant Professor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, and an attending physician and Director of the Internal Medicine Grand Rounds Program at Long Island Jewish Medical Center. Dr. Jotkowitz has published over 150 peer-reviewed manuscripts in the fields of Internal Medicine, Medical Ethics, Jewish Medical Ethics, and Jewish Thought in prestigious journals. He is on the Editorial Board for the European Journal of Internal Medicine.
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Ethics
- Jewish Medical Ethics, and Jewish Thought
Education and Training
- B.A., Yeshiva University
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine
- M.H.A., Hofstra University, Health Management
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Yale University
- Qualifications: M.D., M.H.A., F.A.C.P.