BGU is consistently voted the most popular campus among students in Israel. Once on campus, you’ll join our dynamic, welcoming university community. Though MSIH students live off-campus, BGU is the center of student life, connecting people from all backgrounds and areas of study. In addition to convenient facilities and restaurants, the campus is host to an exciting array of events, performances and student organizations. Life at BGU is truly immersive for international students — you get to experience the “real” Israel, learning alongside Israeli students and making yourself at home.
No matter the time of year, there’s always something happening at BGU, from films to lectures to theater. Check out the BGU Student Union website for a weekly newsletter of events. For the latest, you can also follow us on social media:
MSIH’s student organizations are a key component of its close, supportive community. These groups are an excellent way to meet people, explore your surroundings and gain valuable career and life experience. Options include:
- American Medical Student Organization (AMSA) works to promote the well-being of students through access to resources, scholarships and networking opportunities, as well as fundraising and social events such as the annual prom.
- BGU Medical Students’ Association (ASRAN) was established to represent the interests of medical students at the BGU Students’ Association. MSIH students elect an annual representative to ASRAN.
- Bedouin Tutoring Program gives MSIH students the chance to teach English to high school students at the Umm Batin High School, located in a Bedouin village south of Beer-Sheva.
- Emergency Medicine Interest Group cultivates opportunities for MSIH students to learn about the field of emergency medicine through guest speakers, workshops and volunteer opportunities.
- Ethics Advisory Committee (EAC) organizes lectures, debates and a book club related to ethics education and awareness.
- Families in Medicine Group organizes lectures and events on the topic of family-career balance.
- Global Health Made Local pairs MSIH students with Israeli medical students to help local families manage illness and navigate the health care system.
- Mental Health Interest Group promotes conversation and education about mental health issues.
- MSIH Curriculum Committee works with the MSIH Associate Director for Academic Affairs on issues related to the medical curriculum.
- MSIH Student Council coordinates student activities, facilitates communication with administration, maintains ties with alumni and works to improve medical education at MSIH.
- Pediatric Interest Group hosts speakers and promotes education in the field of pediatric medicine.
- Physicians for Human Rights is an international organization that works to stop human rights violations through science and medicine.
- Save a Child’s Heart is an Israeli organization that aims to improve cardiac care for children from developing countries.
- Surgery Interest Group promotes education in the field of surgery.
- USMLE Step One Panel is a group of third-year MSIH students who help second-year students prepare for the Step One exam.
MSIH First-Year Blog
Read about the experiences of first-year MSIH M.D. Program students in the MSIH First-Year Blog.