MSIH offers a few scholarships for students dedicated to the field of global health — and in 2016, our students were awarded a record number of scholarships for both financial need and merit from both MSIH and outside sources. If you have questions about applying for scholarships, contact us. We are happy to assist you.
The Ben-Gurion Global Health Scholarship
Highly qualified applicants with an excellent academic track record and a demonstrated interest in global health will be considered for the Ben-Gurion Global Health (BGGH) Scholarship. The BGGH Scholarship will cover full tuition for the four years of the MSIH M.D. Program, provided satisfactory academic performance.
Applicants will be evaluated for this merit scholarship by a committee of world leaders in global health and medicine. Decisions will be based on the applicant’s likely success in building a career at the intersection of medicine and global health. Submit a completed admissions application by January 8, 2018 to be considered for the BGGH Scholarship. The winner will be notified by February 16.
Scholarship Selection Committee
- Dr. Neil Schluger, Professor of Medicine, Epidemiology and Environmental Health Sciences and Chief of the Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Dr. Lynne Quittell, Assistant Director of Admissions and Student Affairs at MSIH
- Dr. Michael J. Klag, Dean of Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Dr. Babulal Sethia, President of the Royal Society of Medicine and Consultant Congenital Heart Surgeon at Royal Brompton Hospital, United Kingdom
- Dr. Heather Zar, Chair of the Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Director of the School of Child and Adolescent Health at Red Cross Children’s Hospital at the University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Excellence-Based Scholarships, awarded to first-year students based on academic excellence and a demonstrated commitment to global health and service to communities in need. These scholarships cover a portion of tuition each semester and are valid for up to four years. For an application form, contact our admissions office.
- Need-Based Scholarships, for which first-year students may apply by contacting our New York office.
- Skirball Need-Based Scholarships, for which all students may apply through our office in Israel.
- Fine Family Foundation Scholarships, available to Canadian students. You must submit your application at least two months before studies begin. For more information, contact us.
- Masa Israel Scholarships, awarded to first-year students through a gift of the Government of Israel and The Jewish Agency for Israel. For more information, visit Masa Israel’s website.
- Jewish Vocational Service of Chicago Scholarships, for postgraduate students with financial need. Download the application or contact JVS for more information.
- The International Association of Jewish Free Loans, which offers interest-free loans to graduate students. Some locations require the applicant to be Jewish, while others do not. Applications are accepted through the office nearest your permanent residence.
- Baptist Medical Dental Fellowship
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara
- The Jewish Foundation of Manitoba
- The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund
- UJA Federation of New York
- Wheaton College