As an integral part of your MSIH experience, you’ll engage with diverse ethnic populations in Israel. The main teaching hospital for MSIH is Soroka University Medical Center in Beer-Sheva, which serves an incredibly varied population of over 1 million Negev residents, including 400,000 children. The hospital has one of the highest birthrates in any Western country.
Additionally, you may complete a number of clinical clerkships at Soroka’s sister institution, Barzilai University Medical Center, in nearby Ashkelon. Other clerkships may be taken in groups at affiliated medical centers, such as:
- The southern district Clalit Health Services community clinics in the Beer-Sheva area
- Yoseftal Hospital in Eilat
- Mayanei Hayeshua Medical Center in Bnei Brak
- HaEmek Medical Center in Afula
- Assuta Medical Center in Ashdod
You will complete your fourth-year clinical electives at highly selective medical centers in the United States or Canada, such as:
- Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) and its affiliates
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine at Hofstra University
Our New York-based electives coordinator will work with you throughout the entire process.